The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is regarded as the most important change in data privacy regulations in 20 years. Learn More
To ensure our clients are prepared for GDPR compliance, P2V Systems GDPR consultancy service will carry out the following:
GDPR Readiness Audit
Step 1 – We will assess what your GDPR responsibilities are based on the information your organisation manages and processes.
Step 2 – The next step will be to determine your existing GDPR compliance level through a data protection audit. We will look at existing data processing procedures you carry out alongside any data protection procedures you may already have in place to determine your organisation’s existing readiness for GDPR compliance.
Step 3 – This will be followed up with advice on what steps need to be taken to help make you GDPR compliant. Our report will set out a tailored plan of action with clear guidance on the process that needs to be followed.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
A DPO must be appointed if you are a public authority, perform wide-scale systematic monitoring of individuals or process certain categories of data including data surrounding criminal convictions and offences.
The GDPR requires that a DPO has professional experience and knowledge of data protection law.
As information security and compliance experts, we provide you with access to a data protection specialist to manage your GDPR compliance requirements. The DPO will:
- Educate and advise on your organisation’s compliance obligations for GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Monitor your organisation’s compliance standards.
- Serve as a point of contact for authorities and individuals whose data you are processing.
Technical Support for Information Security Governance
We will deliver data management solutions that will help ensure you achieve GDPR compliancy. In addition, we will also look beyond this to ensure the technology solution we deliver will complement your business operation on a day-to-day basis. Our technical support for GDPR compliance covers:
- Audit of digital information to determine what data you currently hold and how this is stored.
- Implementation of data encryption security to ensure the safe storage and transfer of data.
- Ensuring data is protected and secure from external threats. We will ensure you have the necessary firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software installed to defend against hackers and cyber-threats.
- Management of access rights so only the necessary personnel have access to data to minimise the risk of data security breaches.
- Management of internal records to provide an audit trail of processing activities for accountability and governance.
- Provision of backup and disaster recovery solutions for information security and business continuity.